Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cristina's story



I come from one of the top 10 most dangerous cities in the whole planet: Caracas, Venezuela. Not that I need to tell you I'm international; my accent gives me away pretty well. I come from a family of divorced parents, who oddly are best friends, and I am obsessed with the idea of cooking the perfect fat-free, organic cupcake. If I had the time to cook everyday you will never see me in the cafeteria, much less calling for delivery. Cooking distracts me in the same way running does. It's like a boost of energy.

Doing art is something I’ve always wanted to try. One day I will, I promise. That is why I admire and respect every bit of creativity in people, as I believe creativity is the bravest part on one’s self.  I am not careful about what I listen to (mainstream girl), simply because music is not something I identify myself with. On the other hand, I do like to read. Not big novels, fancy authors or teenage fantasies, but memoirs; something entertaining with honesty and sassiness. And you should probably know too that my ears hate any type of attention. They turn red anytime they have a chance.

Finally, I came to Clark to "challenge convention and change the world."

Pff, super cliché.

Much better motto than freaking YOLO
Serious mode: I came to Clark because it is a place where you can play around with your interests, create your own major, and still have room to specialize in whatever area you fell in love with. Also, the financial aid program it’s pretty good, I am not going to lie.  

And that's my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be honest, but nice